Monday, June 21, 2010

FATHER’S DAY SPECIAL


I’ve been staring at these blank documents for an hour already and I still can’t think of what to write about this particular article. Honestly, I am not a daddy’s girl. Ever since I and my siblings were kids, we can’t remember any instance that would show how loving and caring our father has been. But the hardship he has gone through in order to get us to where we are best describes the things he has done for us. This is simply because he is not that demonstrative in expressing his feelings and affection toward us.


I remember one time, I was so sick and he cooked porridge and brought water to room. Even now at this stage, when I have severe cough he keeps reminding me not to stay late in the evening as I often experience stress cough. He is a great disciplinarian. In my entire life, there is only one situation that reminds me on how strict he is. One time he lost his temper with our childish behavior to the point that we needed to hide for a few hours. Still, he hit our butt in the end. This was his fathering technique to us. We grew up fearful of committing mistakes as it will lead to further punishment. He is a man of few words. We lived by his disciplinary rules as we fondly call him “Judge” because of his rules. He is not only a good disciplinarian, but a good rabbi, too. When i was young, he would always tell us major stories in the bible. That was the time he wanted us to attend  regular Sunday Mass. This is my father, and I really love him so much for that. May God give him more strength and good health for us to repay all his fathering sacrifices for us.We may not have said it often, but how could we let this day go by without saying how much he means to us? We love you,Tatay!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

happy fathers day!

Post a Comment