Tuesday, May 3, 2011

New Born, New Hope and a New Beginning

Our New Bundle of Joy

My family considers this year as a not-so-pleasant year for us, as we have lost a loved one. However, as I started to count our family’s adversities for this year, I have found that there are so much more blessings to be thankful for. My younger sister who happens to be a dentist holds a house blessing for this year. It’s a huge house that everybody would be envious of. While my brother, a PNP Officer who is out of service as of this writing for some personal reason, managed to work on two kinds of businesses. Not that big, but at least he was able to augment their daily expenses while he is still contemplating whether to go back to government service or not. My eldest sister also holds a blessing for the same year for her two-storey house. What makes us more thankful is when she gave birth to her third child without any complications despite her present health condition. In God’s mercy, the caesarian operation turns out to be just usual. For the record, my sister suffered early symptoms of pre-eclampsia-  a medical condition in which hypertension arises in pregnancy (pregnancy-induced hypertension) in association with significant amounts of protein in the urine. On her fifth month of pregnancy she was diagnosed as having diabetes mellitus and sufferee from the onset of asthma. So hers was considered a high-risk pregnancy. I was very thankful to those medical personnel who in one way or another helped us feel calm and assured during the conduct of my sister’s operation.

Keeping my fingers crossed, I hope and pray that all results pertaining to our new-born baby’s medical check-ups and laboratories will turn out to be normal. Now I know there is so much more to be thankful for, as this will lead to a new hope and a new beginning. God is really good.

0 comments:

Post a Comment