Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Reaching the Hands of Indigenous People

I accomplished this major task from November-December of 2010. This project was entrusted to me by my German uncle who happens to be a member of Dr Luppa Projekthilfe foundation http://www.fg-amberg.de/index.htm , which is based in Amberg, Germany. The foundation has a great mission and compassion to extend a helping hand for the under-served not only in the Philippines but in other parts of the world. During those months, I almost experienced frequent sand storms in the area. From Bataan to Zambales, I traveled by land. I usually went on site for project inspection every weekend in order not to hamper my regular office work. I was forced to prepare myself for an early and exhausting travel with un-air- conditioned mini bus for approximately 4-4.5 hours depending on the pick-up of passengers along its route going to Botolan, Iba Zambales where the project is located. However, during those trips, you will get relaxed as the cool breeze of the wind touches your face and you'll get mesmerized as you see the beauty and wonder of nature. What makes me feel so pleased is that, when you come to the project site, you will see the thankful and happy faces of the recipients as they see for themselves the development of their long hoped-for public comfort rooms. All the stresses and body pains i got from this project paid-off because of its fruitful outcome. “Don’t wait until you make your first million to make a difference in somebody’s life.” 
i


1 comments:

Caline said...

Matthew 25:40 "The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'

Post a Comment