Wednesday, August 11, 2010

HOW BITTERNESS AND ENVY AFFECTS A PERSON’S WORK ATTITUDE?

Working with a group of people whether in the corporate world or government service entails a lot of sacrifice and challenges especially on my part as I am a neophyte. Dealing with people who have negative attitudes toward the people they work with always serves as the source of trouble in any organization.

Sometimes proving we are right about certain issues makes us feel powerful and believed that we are always right. We don’t care about the hurtful words we throw to those we think as our enemy.  The question is, are they really your enemy? Or is it yourself who reflect as your number one enemy? Or worst, you think you are being mistreated because your heart is full of bitterness and envy?


 
I just want to get a short quote from Joel Osteen’s article on the topic, “Don’t Let Bitterness Take Root “ from the author of the book, Your Best Life Now, 7 Steps to Living At Your Full Potential. “People who harbor anger often don’t realize they are poisoning their own lives. When we don’t forgive, we’re not hurting the other person. We’re not hurting the company that did us wrong. We’re not hurting God. We’re only hurting ourselves.

 Don’t let bitterness and envy take root in your life. I almost came to this point in my life that I don’t even want to see or hear the names of persons who have hurt me emotionally. However, as years passed by, I learned to forgive them by whispering a short wish every time their names were mentioned---- wished that we both may see from different perspectives the essence of life’s trials; why we cross paths then eventually separate ways.  It’s my own way to forgive them and myself as well.


Let the will of God takes its course. Now that I am in government service, I do try my best to be strong amidst all the challenges that come my way. To my detractors, I challenge them to keep throwing stones my way as I will use them as steps in the ladder of organizational success.

2 comments:

Toby Freeman said...

Bitterness and anger are really affecting more the person holding it...then slowly creep in our relationship to others.

Though it is hard, we have to learn to forgive and let go. Letting go is the best solution to the baggage we are carrying around.

Tom
http://www.flingonow.com

CCA Author said...

Awsome way of expressing views......... The way you provided dis blog kept interest alive in me till last sentence and I was compelled to put my view. Please keep posting new am following you. Thanks Gayle Hawks

Post a Comment