Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Young Millionaires Mind




Teaching a kid to save money for his future is a big challenge on my part because of  the fact that I have no kids yet, but i have four loving nephews and one more to come. In their young minds together with their parents, we infuse in them the value of saving at an early age.



When I was a kid, I really enjoyed saving and the act of doing it. The sound brought about by a penny dropping into an empty canister of milk makes me feel anxious. Can't avoid the feeling that someday I'm gonna be a millionaire with those coins, hahaha! And to exaggerate the story about it, I always carry with me my coin canister even at school, until it was stolen by a girl classmate and later found broken at the girls’ comfort room. I knew who the culprit was, but i kept silent for fear that my mother will get mad at me. 

She keeps reminding me not to bring it to school because of the possibility that it might get lost. What a stubborn and poor girl i was that time. 

After so many years, that girl, now a mother of three kids became my "-----------". She doesn't even know until now  that i knew she was the culprit. That incident will be left unearthed until my last breath.

Nevertheless, those are pieces of my childhood experiences. I hope she might be able to teach her kids the value of saving money on their own and not to steal somebody's hard-earned money.


That's why I am proud of my sisters that they were able to teach their sons the value of saving and now through electronic means. My nephews knew they have savings in their respective ATM's. Hope they will be able to save until they know the real value of their savings when time comes they have to spend it according to it's purpose. I'll cross my fingers till then.

0 comments:

Post a Comment