Monday, November 8, 2010

Life sometimes brings us to a situation that really tests our ability to prove our self-worth and knowledge on some issues.  And failure to do so means unfair judgment and scrutiny from those who hold themselves in high regard.  We should keep in mind the fact that no two people have the same capacity to do certain things, especially if they require a certain level of excellence.

Learn to value an individual’s self worth and strength by giving your utmost respect to them. We may never know it, but their uniqueness may develop in them strength of character while becoming a weakness to others, and vice versa.

I, myself, am a nobody. I only exist in this world not to compete  with anybody but to work on my purpose in life. And that is to serve without asking for any favors and recognitions in return. I’m just doing my job. I always remind myself not to deal to anyone’s business unless the situation demands for my support. I still believe in Lao-Tzu’s principle “When you are content to be simply yourself and don't compare or compete, everybody will respect you.”

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Honestly, I'm working on self-preservation (like almost everyone else) rather than self-respect. Heheh! saka na siguro ang respeto sa sarili because in this day and age, somehow, time to work for the respect of others is a luxury. :)

Tsina said...

I agree - respect others. That's the best way as well for them to respect us.

geeten said...

Proving our self-worth is indeed difficult. If someone judges us because we are not who they expect us to be, that can be devastating. But if you live by your purpose in life and with contentment, nobody can take your happiness away from you.

Nenette B. Santos said...

Thank you sisses..Keep comments coming!

battling infertility said...

being yourself is always a key to real happiness.that's loving yourself as well.

Post a Comment